Do You Have a Great Story to Tell About CX?
Do you love storytelling and sharing your experiences? CX Forums is the event for you! We welcome speaker proposals all year long for CX Forums events, whether an online Connext Live! program or a local Executive Summit in-person meeting.
We’re seeking speakers who are engaging and have something important to share with the CX community. CX Forums prefers to showcase real professionals with real world experience in the customer experience industry. We can provide training resources for speaking if needed.
For our local in-person Executive Summits, we prefer to showcase speakers located in each market. CX Forums does not hire professional speakers or pay for transportation without prior approval.
We Will Meet Again Soon!
While we are still unsure when local events with 100-150 attendees will be allowed, we are confident we will begin meeting again in 2021. We’ve been busy planning local Executive Summits in these markets for 2021 and 2022:
- New York
- Washington DC
Speaker Submission Guidelines
All proposals must be submitted through this website to ensure that they are reviewed. Accepted speakers will have an opportunity to showcase your customer experience thought leadership in front of your industry peers.
- Topics must be related to Customer Experience, Employee Experience, User Experience, CX Technology, CX Management, Customer Success, Call Center Management, CX/UX Design, Service Design, Product Design, Environmental Design ROI/Business of CX, Marketing Research (VOC), CX Metrics and Insights, Mystery Shopping, Culture, Business Processes, Journey Mapping, CX Services and CX Management.
- Your topic title should be worded as it would be in a search on Google. e.g. “How to engage and encourage employees working from home”
- You may submit any number of proposals. We will evaluate each one based on topics that reflect the CX Forums mission and that attendees will learn from.
- Speakers will be selected based on 1) relevance of their topic to current CX challenges, 2) mix of large and small companies, 3) mix of demographics, 4) mix of experience in industry and 5) presentation skills. We encourage consultants and vendors to co-present with a well-known client.
- No selling or showcasing products/services is allowed at CX Forums events without a sponsorship. For info on sponsorship options, click here.
- We encourage speakers to include a link to a video of a past speaking engagement. The video does not need to be the same topic you’re submitting. If you do not have a video, write n/a in the form.
- All CX Forums talks are recorded for future viewing. Speakers will be required to sign a standard recording consent agreement.
- All selected speaker candidates must have a zoom meeting with one of the organizers prior to being approved as a speaker.
- Due to the volume of proposals we receive, speaker candidates who are not selected may not be notified, however we keep all proposals on file to be considered for future events.
Connext Live! Online
- CX Forums Connext Live! presentations are limited to no more than 20 minutes. Ideally we seek 15-20 minute presentations with 5 -10 minutes of Q&A.
- All Connext Live! sessions are recorded and archived for viewing over time.
- Selected speakers for CX Forums Connext Live! will be notified 20-30 days in advance of the program date. There will be a practice session scheduled at least 2 hours before the webinar begins.
- We encourage all CX Forums speakers to include either a client or partner who worked with you in solving a challenge related to CX. Our online Connext Live! sessions are conversational in nature, less formal and more authentic. We like to share real world problems (needs) and stories of how these challenges were met.
- Because we record and archive all CX Forums Connext Live! sessions, we encourage titles to be focused on solutions that people may search on Google. e.g. “How to engage employees on the frontline”, “How to ensure great experiences across all channels” etc.
- CX Forums Connext Live! sessions are scheduled on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 2:30 PM ET. The waiting lounge opens at 1:15 for advance networking, The recorded session typically lasts 30 minutes. After each presentation we encourage attendees to stay for guided virtual networking in breakout rooms.
Local Executive Summits
- CX Forums Executive Summit presentations are limited to 15 minutes. With such a short timeframe, we suggest no more than 10 slides. We encourage slides to have more images, and not too much text. Our attendees are more interested in your story telling than reading a bunch of text or deciphering graphs on slides.
- For Executive Summits, all speakers will receive one complimentary pass to the event and personalized discount codes to share.
- Selected speakers for CX Forums Executive Summits will be notified 2 months in advance of each event.
- Here are videos from previous CX Talks events to give you an idea of what we are seeking: CX Talks Videos
Session Format & Themes
Based on the TED Talks format, CX Forums speakers share short stories (15 minutes) of how they have applied CX fundamentals and new innovative CX strategies or technology tools that have led to quantifiable CX results.
Think of your talk as being like a TED Talk – short and focused on one main topic with story telling that presents 1) a situation, 2) a need (tension) and 3) what you did to resolve the problem. We are seeking inspiration and knowledge that can be put to use by our audience.
2021’s theme is about the future of CX: “What’s Next for CX?” The CX industry has been growing rapidly and maturing over the past decade, and 2020 has changed everything and everyone. Now that COVID19 has altered our reality, what does the future hold for companies in designing customer experiences that impact their bottom line?
Speaker Proposal Form